Dr. Welch’s Class Rules and Consequences
Rules are good ideas that we share to make a better learning environment.
1. Be on time in your assigned seat with your school supplies ready to work.
2. Speak only when instructed to do so and raise your hand for any questions or requests.
3. Stay in your seat. Ask permission to get out of your seat to go to the trash can, etc.
4. Do not bring, gum food or drinks into the classroom.
5. All school rules are in effect. Headphones and cell phones are NOT allowed on campus.
6. Be considerate and respectful to others.
7. No foul language, yelling or speaking out of turn.
8. Do not vandalize school property or the property of other people.
9. Never throw or toss any object of any kind.
10. You are dismissed by the instructor not the bell.
11. "I should take care of business before or after class" … write this sentence 20 times on your own paper for a bathroom pass. Only one student at a time and not during the first or last 15 minutes of class.
1. Verbal warnings followed by documentation of the problem in the grade book AND loss of one participation point for that day.
2. Second offense: the student will now have to serve
15 minutes of detention and their seat may be moved or the student may be asked to stand or write standard sentences. Another participation point will be removed. The seating chart color will be red as a reminder to serve detention.
3. Third offense OR failure to serve detention will result in a HOME PHONE CALL with
ONE HOUR of detention. The seating chart color will be green = 1 hr.
4. Severe defiance or serious offenses will result in a referral to the Student Relations Office for a parent conference and a possible suspension. Seating chart color = dark blue.
5. Students will be marked tardy if they are not in their correct seat when the bell rings.
*Electronic Devices that are not approved include headphones, players, cell phones and gaming devices. These will be confiscated and turned over to the Student Relations Office and can be picked up at the end of the day by the parents.